Chicken, Feta, & Fig Salad
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. – Hippocrates
Meat Preparation for 4-6 Salads
- Chicken Breasts (2-3)
- Garlic Cloves (2)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons)
- Cayenne (1/8 Teaspoon)
- Chili Powder (1 Tablespoon)
- Thyme (1/2 Teaspoon)
- Salt (1 Pinch)
- Pepper (1 Pinch)
- Chicken Broth (1/2 Cup)
- Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette (1/2 – 1 Tablespoon)
- Cranberries (1 1/2 Tablespoons)
- Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
- Almonds (1 Tablespoon Sliced or Slivered)
- Red Onion (2 Tablespoons Diced)
Step 1 : Preparation
- Preheat oven 375°F
- Season 2 – 3 Chicken Breasts with 2 cloves crushed garlic, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 tsp cayenne, 1 tbsp chili powder, ½ tsp thyme, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven safe dish with ½ cup chicken broth, cover with lid, or foil.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, cut into cubes and put aside for salad assembly.
Step 2 : Assemble your Salad
Get a 1L mason jar.
- Layer ONE: Pour ½ – 1 tbsp fig balsamic vinaigrette.
- Layer TWO: 1 and ½ tbsp dried cranberries
- Layer THREE: 1 tbsp or 1 thumb sized portion of feta cheese crumbled
- Layer FOUR: 1 tbsp sliced or slivered almonds
- Layer FIVE: 5-6 cubes of chicken
- Layer SIX: 2 tbsp diced onions
- Layer SEVEN: ¼ – ½ cup chopped cucumber
- Layer EIGHT: ¼ – ½ cup chopped red pepper
- Layer NINE: Fill remainder of jar with leafy greens
Step 3 : Let it Set
- Seal tightly with a lid, and store in Fridge. Stays fresh for days.
Step 4 : To Serve
- Grab a bowl
- Open Jar
- Empty upside down into the bowl
Notes & Special Considerations :
- May need to use a fork to help get all of that goodness out of the jar into the bowl. Enjoy !
Soundtrack for Living