Punch Drunk Chicken Chili
In a large pot on medium heat cover the bottom of pot with olive oil
- Add 1-2 lbs lean ground chicken season with; 4 cloves of garlic (smashed), 1 tbsp BBQ sauce, 1 tsp ghost pepper oil, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cayenne, ½ tsp thyme, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp ground peppercorns, 1 tbsp pale ale, 1 tbsp chicken broth. Cook until the ground chicken begins to brown. About 10 minutes.
- Chop 1 large or 2 small onions add to the season ground chicken cook for one minute.
- Add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms, another tsp group peppercorns, and 1 tsp butter. Mix together and cook one minute.
- Add 3-4 sliced stalks chopped celery.
- Add one cup of chopped okra
- Chop 1 zucchini and add
- Add one large chopped tomato, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and mix.
- Add 1 cup of Kidney beans
- Add 1 cup of Chick peas
- Add 1 cup of black beans
- Add ½ cup frozen corn
- Add one large can of tomato or 2 cups of crushed tomatoes
- Add remainder of can of pale ale (beer)
- Add 2-3 cups of chicken broth (make sure all veggies, and beans and immersed in liquid) If necessary add more chicken broth or some water.
- Add 1 can tomato paste. 1 tsp BBQ sauce.
- Turn heat up to medium high and let come to a boil. Let boil for 5 minutes stir continuously
- Taste and if desired add more chili powder
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, stir occaissionally
- Remove from heat and let cool
Portion chili in freezer safe containers, once cooled can be placed in freezer. Place some chili in standard size mason jars, seal tightly with lid and refrigerate.
When ready to serve a portion reheat, and serve with 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt, half a thumb sized serving of old cheddar cheese grated and half an avocado sprinkled with a pinch of sea salt.
For a little extra, garnish with a few tortilla chips and some chopped green onion.